Today the Kubuntu team is happy to announce that Kubuntu Zesty Zapus (17.04) RC is released . With this release candidate, you can see and test what we are preparing for 17.04, which we will be releasing April 13, 2017.
NOTE: This is a release candidate. Kubuntu pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
* Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
* Anyone who needs a stable system
* Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
* Anyone in a production environment with data or work-flows that need to be reliable
Getting Kubuntu 17.04 RC:
* Upgrade from 16.10: run `do-release-upgrade -d` from a command line.
* Download a bootable image (ISO) and put it onto a DVD or USB Drive : http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/20170408/
Please see Release Notes for more details, where to download, and known problems. We welcome help to fix those final issues; please join the Kubuntu-Devel mail list, just hop into #kubuntu-devel on freenode to connect with us or use the Ubuntu tracker 
1. Kubuntu-devel mail list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
2. Official Ubuntu tracker: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/