Artful Aardvark (17.10) Beta 2 images are now available for testing.
The Kubuntu team will be releasing 17.10 in October. The final Beta 2 milestone will be available on September 28.
This is the first spin in preparation for the Beta 2 pre-release. Kubuntu Beta pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Beta pre-releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
Getting Kubuntu 17.10 Beta 2:
To upgrade to Kubuntu 17.10 pre-releases from 17.04, run sudo do-release-upgrade -d from a command line.
Download a Bootable image and put it onto a DVD or USB Drive via the download link at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/382/builds. This is also the direct link to report your findings and any bug reports you file.
See our release notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/Beta2/Kubuntu
Please report your results on the Release tracker.