Initial RC (Release Candidate) images for the Kubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04) are now available for testing.
The Kubuntu team will be releasing 18.04 on 26 April. The final Release Candidate milestone is available today, 21 April.
This is the first spin of a release candiate in preparation for the RC milestone. If major bugs are encountered and fixed, the RC images may be respun.
Kubuntu Beta pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issue
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Beta pre-releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
Getting Kubuntu 18.04 RC testing images:
To upgrade to Kubuntu 18.04 pre-releases from 17.10, run sudo do-release-upgrade -d from a command line.
Download a Bootable image and put it onto a DVD or USB Drive via the download link at
This is also the direct link to report your findings and any bug reports you file.
See our release notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes/Kubuntu
Please report your results on the Release tracker.