Are you using Kubuntu 18.10, our current Stable release? Or are you already running our daily development builds?
First, upgrade your development release
Update directly from Discover, or use the command line:
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y
And reboot. If you cannot reboot from the application launcher,
from the terminal.
Add the PPA to Kubuntu 18.10 then upgrade
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y
Then reboot. If you cannot reboot from the application launcher,
from the terminal.
Kubuntu is part of the KDE community, so this testing will benefit both Kubuntu as well as upstream KDE Plasma software, which is used by many other distributions too.
- If you believe you might have found a packaging bug, you can use your launchpad.net account is required to post testing feedback to the Kubuntu team.
- If you believe you have found a bug in the underlying software, then bugs.kde.org is the best place to file your bug report.
Please review the changelog.
* General tests:
– Does plasma desktop start as normal with no apparent regressions over 5.14.5?
– General workflow – testers should carry out their normal tasks, using the plasma features they normally do, and test common subsystems such as audio, settings changes, compositing, desktop affects, suspend etc.
* Specific tests:
– Check the changelog:
– Identify items with front/user facing changes capable of specific testing. e.g. “weather plasmoid fetches BBC weather data.”
– Test the ‘fixed’ functionality.
Testing involves some technical set up to do, so while you do not need to be a highly advanced K/Ubuntu user, some proficiently in apt-based package management is advisable.
Testing is very important to the quality of the software Ubuntu and Kubuntu developers package and release.
We need your help to get this important beta release in shape for Kubuntu 19.04 as well as added to our backports.