Artful Aardvark (17.10) Alpha 1 images are now available for testing so we can release the alpha on Thursday.
The Kubuntu team will be releasing 17.10 in October.
This is the first spin in preparation for the Alpha 1 pre-release. Kubuntu Alpha pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Alpha pre-releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
Getting Kubuntu 17.10 Alpha 1
To upgrade to Kubuntu 17.10 pre-releases from 17.04, run sudo do-release-upgrade -d from a command line.
Download a Bootable image and put it onto a DVD or USB Drive
See our release notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/Alpha1/Kubuntu
Please report your results on the Release tracker: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker