The beta of Hirsute Hippo (to become 21.04 in April) has now been released, and is available for download.
This milestone features images for Kubuntu and other Ubuntu flavours.
Pre-releases of the Hirsute Hippo are not recommended for:
- Anyone needing a stable system
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
They are, however, recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
- Other Ubuntu flavour developers
The Beta includes some software updates that are ready for broader testing. However, it is an early set of images, so you should expect some bugs.
Kubuntu is taking part in #UbuntuTestingWeek from 1st to 7th of April, details of which can be found in our Kubuntu 21.04 Testing Week blog post, and in general for all flavours on the Ubuntu Discourse announcement.