The beta of Kubuntu Kinetic Kudu (to become 22.10 in October) has now been released, and is available for download.
This milestone features images for Kubuntu and other Ubuntu flavours.
Pre-releases of Kubuntu Kinetic Kudu are not recommended for:
- Anyone needing a stable system
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
They are, however, recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
- Other Ubuntu flavour developers
The Beta includes some software updates that are ready for broader testing. However, it is an early set of images, so you should expect some bugs.
We STRONGLY advise testers to read the Kubuntu 22.10 Beta release notes before installing, and in particular the section on ‘Known issues‘.
Kubuntu is taking part in ‘Ubuntu Testing Week’ from September 29th to October 6th. Details for all flavours are available on the Ubuntu Discourse announcement.
You can also find more information about the entire 22.10 release (base, kernel, graphics etc) in the main Ubuntu Beta release notes and announcement.