The beta of Kubuntu Lunar Lobster (to become 23.04 in April) has now been released, and is available for download.
This milestone features images for Kubuntu and other Ubuntu flavours.
Pre-releases of Kubuntu Lunar Lobster are not recommended for:
- Anyone needing a stable system
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
They are, however, recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
- Other Ubuntu flavour developers
The Beta includes some software updates that are ready for broader testing. However, it is an early set of images, so you should expect some bugs.
Kubuntu took part in ‘Ubuntu Testing Week’ from March 2nd to March 9th. Details for all flavours are available on the Ubuntu Discourse announcement.
To enable Flatpaks in KDE’s Discover in Kubuntu 23.04, run this command:
sudo apt install flatpak plasma-discover-backend-flatpak
To enable the largest Flatpak repository, run this command:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
Log out and log back in (or restart) to re-initialize the XDG_DATA_DIRS variable, otherwise, newly installed Flatpak apps will not run or appear in the startup menu.